Becoming a coach is both financially and emotionally rewarding. Not only do you get to build a career you also make a significant impact on others lives. However, it is important to get certified. A certification helps one to be seen as a qualified professional.
There are many online as well as onsite coach training certification pathways to choose from depending on your budget and course availability. However, when you do your research you will find that an ICF certification would serve you the best, as ICF certifications are recognised all over the world. ICF is a standardised accreditation system of coach training programs that provides quality coach training and valid certification programs. You can join these programs from anywhere across the world.
What is an ICF accredited coach training program?
International Coaching Federation (ICF) is an internationally recognized coach accreditation organization. Members of this organization include all ICF accredited professional coaches. ICF credentials can be acquired when a student coach participates in an ICF accredited coach training program. Students in their opted coaching course, complete a prerequisite number of coach-specific training. They also train with the ICF accredited Mentor Coaches and complete a Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA) exam. This exam is based on the ICF Core Competencies and Code of Ethics.
ICF accredited coach training programs have three ‘pathways’ through which aspiring coaches can become professional coaches. These are:
- Accredited Coaching Training Program or ACTP is a comprehensive 125 hours coach-specific training program which includes mentor sessions and course end examinations.
- Approved Coach Specific Training Hours or ACSTH helps the students to choose their area of study. The program requires 30 hours of coach training and 10 hours of mentoring.
- The portfolio path includes Continuing Coach Education (CCE) units and/or non-approved training as training requirements. It requires documentation of 60 hours of coach training along with 10 hours of mentoring
The above ICF accredited coach training programs help coaches get their ICF approved credentials, build their businesses and enhance their all-around development. The three different levels of credentialing offered by ICF based on coaching hours are:
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) accreditation is awarded to coaches with 100 coaching hours
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) accreditation is given to coaches with 500 coaching hours
- Master Certified Coach (MCC) approval is given to the highest level of coaches with 2500 coaching hours
What are the advantages of choosing an ICF accredited coach training program?
Any of the ICF accredited coach training programs have their advantages. Some of the advantages are:
- Coaches completing the ICF accredited programs become well-equipped with coaching skills and tools. They acquire vital coaching knowledge which is vital to their professional development as a coach.
- Completion of ICF accredited coach training programs help coaches with personal as well as professional development. The professional coaches are trained to overcome any kind of obstacles and also to deal with all kinds of clientele personalities.
- Clients trust professional coaches with ICF accredited coach training program certificates. ICF credentials boost coach credibility among the clients, help in increasing their referrals and securing more corporate clients.
- Coaches with ICF credentials earn high income as more clients get attracted to accredited professionals. Clients have faith in the accredited coach’s capabilities in helping them reach their potential.
- Coaches trained with ICF accredited coach training programs are trained to prioritise their clients’ problems or needs and have meaningful conversations with them.
- An ICF certified coach is a member of this credential organisation. The coaches have full free access to coaching information, webinars, events and journals produced by the ICF This plethora of knowledge keeps them updated with the current coaching paradigms which help them deal better with their clients.
- ICF accredited coach training programs provide well-rounded resources which help the coaches to grow better in their profession and build a better network worldwide as a certified coach.
Know more about the disadvantages.