The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organisation set up in 1961 by the Government of India to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education.
The primary objectives of NCERT and its constituent units are to:
- Undertake, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education.
- Prepare and publish model textbooks, supplementary material, newsletters, journals and develops educational kits, multimedia, digital materials, etc.
- Organise pre-service and in-service training of teachers.
- Develop and disseminate innovative educational techniques and practices.
- Collaborate and network with state educational departments, universities, NGOs and other educational institutions.
- Act as a clearinghouse for ideas and information in matters related to school education and act as a nodal agency for achieving the goals of Universalisation of Elementary Education.
Importance of NCERT Books for CBSE students
- NCERT Book follows the CBSE curriculum
NCERT offers in-depth knowledge to the students and are totally in accordance with the CBSE curriculum. If students go through the NCERT textbooks thoroughly, they can answer any question in the exam asked from any part of the respective chapter. NCERT Books are sufficient enough to cover the entire CBSE syllabus. It covers all the basics and fundamentals on all topics in simple and easy language.
- NCERT Books Enough to Score Good Marks
NCERT Books clear concept and provide all the contents according to the syllabus. When it comes to scoring good marks in Board exams, NCERT textbooks are the best resource to refer. NCERT, along with textbooks, also provides solutions such as NCERT Solutions of Science, Maths, English, etc. Students can refer to these solutions while solving NCERT textbook questions. CBSE always advise students to go through NCERT textbooks while preparing for their exam
- Provides In-depth Understanding of Complex subjects
NCERT Books are designed covering all the essential concepts in a simple language. It helps in clearing the doubts of the students and make their basics strong as well. NCERT develop as well as distribute textbooks to the students at the primary and secondary level. These books generally named as NCERT books such as NCERT Class 11 Books respective to the classes and are highly useful for CBSE students.
- NCERT Questions are asked in the exam
Board question papers are prepared by referring NCERT books. The textbook provides all the problems and solutions, and for this reason, these books prove to be a great use to students. Going through NCERT books will help students to answer any question in your board exams. Students can easily access NCERT Books by visiting their official website and downloading these books in pdf format for future reference. The site includes books for all the classes from 1-12 such as NCERT Class 12 Books for all the streams.
For students, it is always better to stick to NCERT Books instead of referring to other additional study materials. Subscribe to BYJU’S to get more interactive videos of topics related to Maths & Science.